WEBSITE: Create a Bitly Link (for Managing Sponsor Stats)
Changing the CityFair Pages
Working With the Website
Website Cheat Sheet 2019
Create a Bitly Link (for Managing Sponsor Stats)
In order to TRACK the click-throughs on Sponsors for the website, we create Bitly links -- then we can go to our Bitly account and see the results for any given period.
This is simple to do! Just follow these very easy instructions.
First open your browser (Firefox or Chrome).
1. Go to Bitly.
Or copy this into your address line:
2. Sign in.
Ask me what this is, please (or Kate also has it)
Once you're in the account, you can Create a new bitly link or links.
3. Click the Create button (upper right).
4. In the Paste Long URL box, type or paste (it's better to highlight a link, then paste it -- so you don't make mistakes) your link (URL).
5. Click the Create button.
6. At the top, use the Copy button to gack the new bitly code.
7. Once you've done this the Save button will pop up and you can click it.
8. Now you can SEND the bitly link IN PLACE of the actual URL for your sponsor.
9. When sending the webmaster this link, be SURE to include the FULL NAME written out of the Sponsor connected with the bitly link.
10. When emailing this to the webmaster, be sure the SUBJECT line includes the FULL NAME of the Sponsor related to the new link.