Admin How To:
Phones - Installing the Shoretel Call Manager on a Computer
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure Outlook is closed.
1. Go to the I:\shoretel and run the setup.exe.
2. During the install leave all settings alone and click Next and accept until it finishes installing (say 'yes' to restart the computer).
3. After the computer restarts, click on the Shoretel Call Manager icon on the desktop.
4. When it asks for the Server name enter: 192.168.20.50
5. When it asks for client ID use your first name and initial of your last name, such as: charliec
6. When it asks for password use: changeme
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the changeme password doesn't work, then you need to use: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8. If that number doesn't work, log in to the Shoretel/phone Server, go to the user you're currently working on and CHANGE the 'Client Password' to the above number before proceeding.
7. Have the USER change their password -- I suggest the use of a four-digit number (confirm pw).
8. Leave all other settings default and the software should launch upon completion.