Stripping Embedded Images from Email
Outlook 2003 - Removing Attachments from Email
To control the size of your personal email folder -- and potentially avoid bouncing -- you need to do regular maintenance. If done regularly (a minimum of once every two weeks), this is not a difficult nor time-consuming task.
Your help to keep sizes lower helps us all maintain our Server. THANKS in advance for taking the time to go through your emails and do this!
1. Open Outlook.
2. Open the INDIVIDUAL email you want to remove an attachment (or multiple attachments) from.
3. Go to the top text toolbar (Standard toolbar) -- this is located in the upper left-hand side of the email window. Click on Edit and select Edit Message.
Woo hoo! You'll now be able to edit the message!!!
4. Click on the image you want to remove to make it 'active.' (You'll see little boxes surrounding the image.)
5. Hit the Delete key on your keyboard. Magic! The image disappears!
6. Click the 'X' (upper right-hand corner of your email) to Close.
7. You'll be prompted: Do you want to save changes? Click the 'Yes' button.